Voting

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Moms....

Well....I've had a heavy heart these days. Grace being in Kindergarten has made me realize the importance of what "little" time I have left with her. She's done fabulous. Had a few issues but none surrounding behavior. Which has surprised me. She's a little stubborn and hard headed, but she has a heart of gold and such a sweet, sweet spirit. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that God has purposed me to be her mom. We've had some rough times at home lately....one very personal issue that the Lord is wanting me to share later....still not sure how to word it. But he's working on it. And the other with just realizing that I HAVE to TRUST him with her. She's come home saying some things that are not nice that I know she's hearing at school and to be honest....I don't handle it well. Lord knows I need help with not freaking out over some things. I want to be who she needs and lately...I've been questioning my ability. Last night, I was sitting with my core group of women, at Panera, eating soup, cake, sharing prayer requests, and discussing life's aggravation's. It occured to me that two of my core friends have a very hard day coming up for them tomorrow. They lost their mom three years ago tomorrow to cancer. Such a dear, sweet lady who couldn't love her daughters anymore. I know she would be so proud of the women they are. They are both just really fantastic people who I consider myself privileged to know. Great moms. Great women. Great wives. But who still just want to hug their mom. Tonight, we had a pretty bad bike accident which included Grace riding off of our drive head first into the culvert full of jagged river rock. I screamed, and ran to her, preparing myself for the gapping head wound I knew would greet me. She of course was crying, but there was nothing. No blood. Nothing. The mom took over and all the little attitude struggles we've been having were gone. I just wanted to be her mom. Tonight, I hugged her a little tighter when I put her to bed. I hope we will all hug our little ones tighter. I wish my mom was here to hug me. And Amy and Ali would give anything to hug their mom just one more time. Thankful tonight. And praying for my friends. Don't forget to mute the music at the bottom of the page before playing the video.





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! And what a beautiful mom you are, my friend. You were made for it. So glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and. . . . love the new picture of Grace and the song "House that built me". . . lovely choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a sweet friend! So thankful to have you in my life and your blog is amazing. Every time it makes me cry, but it's happy tears of frienship and fun! Love you much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it surprise you that I am crying after this post?? thanks for sharing! Love, Steph

    ReplyDelete