Voting

Monday, May 24, 2010

Melodi is 17!!!!!


There is nothing that makes you feel older than watching the kids you know get older. So much older that they're becoming more like young women and less like kids everyday. And Melodi is one of those young women. I still remember when she was 8. I would go over to her house and she would climb in the jeep and I'd let her drive it around her neighborhood. She was pretty good at it, but she had lots of practice on the golf cart at her Pa-Paws. I have been so honored to watch her grow and mature not only in age but spritually as well. She is precious.


And now...I get to watch her with my little one. And now she's the one who is picking up my child and taking her on girl's night out instead of the other way around. Melodi, you are super special to me and we are so priviledged to know you. In a world where there are less and less Godly women as role models I am SO glad that Grace can look up to you. I don't worry when she's with you (outside the normal mom worry that is) and I'm thankful that we have you to share this life with. Thank you for being you. You are loved! Most especially by the Chinese princess, asleep in her room right now with the Melodi sign you made her on her door. Love you girl!!!! And please, if you can stop growing up we would really appreciate it. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment