Voting

Monday, August 15, 2011

Surprise! (August 13)

Well we are here!  Relatively uneventful flight.  I don’t think we were in the air for 45 minutes.  Not to crowded which was amazing for an Air China flight!  Our guide, John, met us at the airport and brought us to our hotel.  Our room is fantastic.  I don’t think I’ve ever stayed at a place so nice!  We have a suite with a connecting room so we have plenty of room.  Also, they have put a crib in our room for Lyla which is about the size of a toddler bed so we should be good to go!  And now for the surprise part…

We are getting her tomorrow!!!!!  One whole day early!  And the therapist in me is very happy with the fact that they are bringing her to our hotel room.  Her nanny is bringing her to our hotel room.  This is great because it will be just us and we can have calm and quiet and play and not have to worry about 30 other people being in the room with us and it being so scary and chaotic.  This is a huge blessing.  We will be able to take pictures of her with her nanny and ask her questions, and very quickly try and connect with her before the nanny leaves.  Of course I had to get prepared.  We learned today that she is not potty trained (yikes!) so we had to go to the store.  We took what I’m sure will be the first of many trips to Wal-Mart (yes I said Wal-Mart.  And it was interesting.) to get Pull-ups, wipes, sippy cups, a few toys, finger nail polish (great for attachment) and a few items for ourselves.  Now we are back and unpacking and setting up “home” if you will for the next week.  The only other thing we have to do tomorrow is go and take a family picture.  So….pray friends.  Pray that there will be a smooth transition from her nanny to us tomorrow.  Pray that she will grieve quickly and find her place with us.  Pray for peace for us, and pray for Grace as the idea she’s had of having a sister becomes reality tomorrow.  I am not sure if I will be able to blog tomorrow.  But know that I will be getting pictures up as soon as I can!  Thank you for lifting us up!



No comments:

Post a Comment